Common Names:- Jersey cudweed
Synonyms:- Laphangium luteoalbum, Gnaphalium luteo-album
Meaning:- Helichrysum (Gr) Golden-sun.
Luteoalbum (L) Yellow with white
General description:- Softly grey- or white-tomentose, annual.
1) 8-40(-50) cm, erect or ascending, simple or branched.
1) Cauline, (1-)2-5(-7) cm, oblong to linear, not decurrent, white-tomentose on both
2) Lower, obtuse.
1) Corymb, small, dense.
2) Capitula, stemless sessile, ovoid, in semiglobose clusters of 4-12.
3) Involucral bracts, yellowish, glabrous, obtuse.
a) outer broadly ovate.
b) inner oblong.
4) Florets, c. 3 mm, yellowish, reddish above, the hermaphrodite 4-7(-10).
1) Achenes 0·5 mm, tuberculate, brownish, glabrous or hairy.
2) Pappus 2-2.5 mm, deciduous.
1) Leaves not decurrent, white-tomentose on both surfaces, not asperous above.
2) Stem 8-40 cm.
Habitat:- Damp, sandy coastal flats, by streams, ditches and ruderal habitats. 0-
Distribution:- Fairly rare on Crete, currently known from a few locations in the
Lefka Ori and one in Psiloritis.
Flowering time:- Mid-Apr to July, occasionally later.
Photos by:- Courtesy of Wiki-Commons